Monday, September 23, 2013

 
 
Week 4 Reflection in Action
 
 
According to Martin et al., “the goal of reflection is to learn what to take away from one’s experiences” (2012, p. 107).  Reflection is important for any leader because it allows them to think about an experience after it happens and take time to assess what took place.  A leader is going to make many decisions in their jobs and sometimes they need to reflect later on whether or not they made the right decision.  Throughout this program, I have used reflection to record what I have taken away from the many experiences I have undertaken to prepare me for the superintendency. I will continue to use reflection as I grow as a leader.  In my job I make many decisions and rarely do I take the time to reflect on the decisions I make.  After learning the skill of reflection in this program and how I can apply it to my job setting, I will continue to use it at work.  I think that I will make sure and write down a reflection after major issues at work, and also try to do a 6 weeks reflection, semester reflection, and yearly reflection at the end of the school year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment